What you’ll need
- 2 carrots
- 3 potatoes
- 2 Shallots (or one onion)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 cup veggie broth
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup Nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp miso
- 1 Tbso coconut aminos
- 1/2 Cup vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp veggie boullin
- 1/2 Cup soy milk
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp mustard
- Pinch of tumeric (for color)
- bread crumbs (optional for topping)
- 1 onion, carmalized (optional for topping)
- 1 head of brocolli, steamed (optional)
- Put peeled carrots, peeled potatoes, onion and garlic in instant pot (or regular pot) and cover vegetables with veggie broth.
- Set Instant pot to manual for 20 minutes, or steam until soft in pot.
- Once vegetables are done, drain veggie broth and set aside to use later.
- Use choice of blender (I use a hand blender) and mix until smooth, adding veggie broth so that the sauce becomes more “cheesy” and less soup like.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix.
- Make the noodles, once noodles are done add to oven safe pan.
- Caramelize onions using method of choice
- Steam brocolli
- In the oven safe pan, cover noodles with sauce and mix in brocolli.
- Top mac no cheese with bread crumbs and grilled onions
- Broil mac no cheese in oven until the bread crumbs get a golden brown color.