- 6 Pasilla chiles
- 2 Tablespoons high smoke point oil, such as Avocado Oil (what I used)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornstarch (or tapioca starch)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup cold soda water
- 2 large tomatoes roasted in the oven (or two cans of roasted tomatoes)
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
Adapted from: http://www.dorastable.com
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp + 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup soy milk
Adapted from: http://www.itdoesnttastelikechicken.com
- Roast the chiles in a cast iron pan on medium-high heat.
- Once roasted, cut a slit in the chiles down one side and stuff with vegan mozzarella.
- In a medium-large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the batter.
- Heat avocado oil in a large pan, dip the chiles in batter, and immediately fry.
- Serve up on a plate with the sauce (or your favorite enchilada sauce).